Pawsome Training and Behaviour
Training classes are in a variety of areas. They are on a weekly basis and are 6 week classes. Please check if we are in your area and there is availability before booking. If you are interested but cannot make the set time and day please get in touch, I might be running extras the 1:1 sessions do however cover the exact same concepts and training, please get in touch to learn more!
All classes MUST be booked in advance
A course designed for new owners, puppies and rescue dogs who have had no basic training. This covers the basics all through the power of training games.
Suitable for any age that requires a back to basic approach or puppies over 21 weeks. It provides the 'foundation' to most common behaviour struggles in dog's lives. This is suitable for young puppies (Minimum 12 weeks old) or adults that need a starter course or require 'back to basics'. This is also suitable to allow younger dogs to work around older dogs and visa versa. If you are unsure then please get in touch.
Advanced course for those who have already completed the Lifeskill course OR dogs who have completed basic foundation elsewhere and would like further training. Advanced classes refresh the basics then move into more advanced sessions later on in the course
Suitable for any age
Concepts and Set Games
- Calmness as a default behaviour and calmness introductions
- How to train calmness in everyday life
- Why calmness is an important foundation in everyday life
- Flexibility in our dogs - how we prepare our dog for unpredictability of life.
Calmness and Flexibility
Calmness Triad, Reward Nothing, Aeroplane Feeding, Scatter Feeding , DMT, Ditch the Bowl, Ditch the Routine
Recap of previous week - ensure calmness is understood
- Boundary Games - how we build calmness into real-life scenarios
- Training a leave without commands!
Impulse control and Calmness
Mouse Game, Boundary Games
-Building focus and loose-lead walking
- Building your dogs value in being close to you!
- Build a start to recall and excitement of you over distractions
Focus, Disengagement and Proximity
Drip-Feeding, Magic Hand, Proximity Zone, Figure of 8 Walking, A to B, Disengage game
-Building a powerful recall and making you the centre of your dogs focus
- Making your dog love to come back to you!
- Building disengagement skill
Focus, Disengagement and Proximity Cont.
Orientation Game, Orientation Dash, I love my name game, restrained recall, Catch me if you can, Funder/Tornado/Typhoon, Middle
-Working through excitement and arousal
-How to build impulse control and frustration tolerance
- How to train your dog to control themselves around exciting events
- Building flexibility and self control in our dogs
Thinking in Arousal, Arousal Tolerance, Impulse Control, Flexibility
Arousal Up and Arousal Down, Behaviours in Arousal, Whip-it, Boundary Games Advanced
- Introduction to confidence, optimism and preparing for novelty
- Building a confident and optimistic dog
- Recap of whole course
- Certificate presentation
Optimism and Confidence
Noise Box, Novelty Party, Two Paws/Rear Paws On, Cardboard Chaos, Bottle Knock, Balance Paths, Cone Game